top of page

From P to P

公開·21 位會員
Lloyd Phillips
Lloyd Phillips

Didi Tera Kya Hoga Suna Hai Jija Ji Filmi Hai: A Song That Makes You Laugh and Think About Your Family Dynamics

Didi Tera Kya Hoga Suna Hai Jija Ji Filmi Hai: A Funny Song About Sister-Brother-in-Law Relationship

If you are a fan of Bollywood movies or songs, you might have heard of a catchy song called "Didi Tera Kya Hoga Suna Hai Jija Ji Filmi Hai". This song is a humorous take on the relationship between a sister and her brother-in-law who is influenced by Bollywood movies and acts in a dramatic or romantic way. In this article, we will explore the meaning, lyrics, music video, popularity, and reception of this funny song.

didi tera kya hoga suna hai jija ji filmi hai

Introduction

The title of the song "Didi Tera Kya Hoga Suna Hai Jija Ji Filmi Hai" means "sister, what will happen to you, I heard your brother-in-law is filmy". Filmy is a term used to describe someone who is influenced by Bollywood movies and acts in a dramatic or romantic way. The word filmy is derived from film or cinema, which is also called Hindi cinema or Bollywood.

The song was sung by Kavita Krishnamurthy, a famous Indian playback singer who has sung many songs for Bollywood movies. The song was released in 1997 as part of an album called Chat Mangni Pat Shaadi (Engagement Marriage Wedding). The album was composed by Anand-Milind, a duo of Indian music directors who have composed many hit songs for Bollywood movies.

Lyrics Analysis

The song has four main verses and a chorus that repeats after each verse. The verses are sung by the sister who is worried about her brother-in-law's filmy behavior. The chorus is sung by a group of people who join the sister in teasing the brother-in-law.

The first verse goes like this:

Didi tera kya hoga suna hai jija ji filmi hai

Jab bhi milta hai mujhse kehta hai dil chahta hai

Dil chahta hai kya batao didi tera kya hoga

The translation of the first verse is:

Sister, what will happen to you, I heard your brother-in-law is filmy

Whenever he meets me, he says his heart wants something

What does his heart want, tell me sister, what will happen to you

The sister reveals that her brother-in-law is always saying filmy dialogues to her, such as "dil chahta hai" which means "my heart wants something". This is a reference to a popular Bollywood movie of the same name that was released in 2001. The movie was about three friends who follow their hearts and pursue their dreams. The sister wonders what her brother-in-law's heart wants and what will happen to her sister because of his filmy attitude.

The chorus goes like this:

Jija ji filmi hai jija ji filmi hai

Jija ji filmi hai jija ji filmi hai

The translation of the chorus is:

Brother-in-law is filmy, brother-in-law is filmy

Brother-in-law is filmy, brother-in-law is filmy

The chorus repeats the main line of the song and emphasizes the brother-in-law's filmy nature. The chorus also creates a catchy and rhythmic effect that makes the song easy to remember and sing along.

The second verse goes like this:

Jab bhi milta hai mujhse kehta hai pyaar kiya to darna kya

Pyaar kiya to darna kya batao didi tera kya hoga

The translation of the second verse is:

Whenever he meets me, he says if you have loved then why fear

If you have loved then why fear, tell me sister, what will happen to you

The sister reveals that her brother-in-law is also saying another filmy dialogue to her, such as "pyaar kiya to darna kya" which means "if you have loved then why fear". This is a reference to another popular Bollywood movie of the same name that was released in 1998. The movie was a remake of a classic movie from 1960 that was about a forbidden love story between a prince and a courtesan. The sister wonders why her brother-in-law is saying such things and what will happen to her sister because of his filmy attitude.

The third verse goes like this:

Jab bhi milta hai mujhse kehta hai tere naam ka tattoo banwa loon

Tere naam ka tattoo banwa loon batao didi tera kya hoga

The translation of the third verse is:

I heard your brother-in-law is filmy

Whenever he meets me, he says let me get a tattoo of your name

Let me get a tattoo of your name, tell me sister, what will happen to you

The sister reveals that her brother-in-law is also saying another filmy dialogue to her, such as "tere naam ka tattoo banwa loon" which means "let me get a tattoo of your name". This is a reference to another popular Bollywood movie of the same name that was released in 2003. The movie was about a man who gets a tattoo of his lover's name on his arm, but later regrets it when she leaves him. The sister wonders why her brother-in-law is saying such things and what will happen to her sister because of his filmy attitude.

The fourth verse goes like this:

Jab bhi milta hai mujhse kehta hai maine pyaar kiya

Maine pyaar kiya kya batao didi tera kya hoga

The translation of the fourth verse is:

Whenever he meets me, he says I have loved

I have loved what, tell me sister, what will happen to you

The sister reveals that her brother-in-law is also saying another filmy dialogue to her, such as "maine pyaar kiya" which means "I have loved". This is a reference to another popular Bollywood movie of the same name that was released in 1989. The movie was about a young couple who fall in love and face opposition from their families. The movie was also the debut of Salman Khan, one of the most famous Bollywood actors. The sister wonders why her brother-in-law is saying such things and what will happen to her sister because of his filmy attitude.

The song uses various rhymes, puns, and metaphors to create humor and satire. For example, the rhyme between "filmi" and "dilmi" (heart-related) creates a contrast between the brother-in-law's unrealistic and exaggerated expressions of love and the sister's realistic and skeptical reactions. The pun between "darna" (fear) and "darna kya" (why fear) creates a double meaning that mocks the brother-in-law's bravado and defiance. The metaphor of "tattoo" creates a visual image that suggests the brother-in-law's obsession and permanence.

The song portrays the sister-brother-in-law relationship in a humorous way by exaggerating the brother-in-law's filmy behavior and the sister's annoyance and concern. The song also implies that the sister is more aware and sensible than her sister who married the brother-in-law. The song also suggests that the brother-in-law is not faithful or sincere in his love for his wife, as he flirts with his sister-in-law using filmy dialogues.

Music Video Analysis

The music video of the song matches the lyrics and mood of the song by using a colorful and comic setting and characters. The music video was directed by Rajat Rawail, who is also a Bollywood actor and producer. The music video features Kavita Krishnamurthy as the singer and narrator of the song, along with two actors who play the roles of the sister and the brother-in-law.

The setting of the music video is a typical Indian wedding where the sister and the brother-in-law meet and interact. The music video uses various props and costumes to create a festive and fun atmosphere. For example, the music video uses balloons, flowers, confetti, streamers, banners, lights, candles, etc. to decorate the wedding venue. The music video also uses traditional Indian outfits such as sarees, lehengas, sherwanis, turbans, etc. to dress up the characters.

uses stereotypes such as the brother-in-law's flashy clothes, sunglasses, hairstyle, etc. to show his filmy personality. The music video also uses exaggerated expressions, gestures, and movements to create humor and contrast between the characters. The music video also shows the reactions of the other guests and family members who witness the sister-brother-in-law interaction. The music video shows that some of them are amused, some are shocked, some are annoyed, and some are indifferent. The music video also shows that the sister's husband and the brother-in-law's wife are unaware or oblivious of their spouses' behavior. The music video enhances the song by adding visual and audio elements that complement the lyrics and mood of the song. The music video also adds more details and context to the song by showing the characters and their backgrounds. The music video also adds more humor and satire to the song by using Bollywood references and stereotypes. Popularity and Reception

The song was very popular among the audience and critics when it was released in 1997. The song was one of the hit songs from the album Chat Mangni Pat Shaadi, which sold more than 1 million copies in India. The song was also nominated for several awards, such as the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer, the Screen Award for Best Female Playback Singer, and the Zee Cine Award for Best Playback Singer - Female.

The song received positive feedback from the audience and critics for its catchy tune, witty lyrics, funny music video, and Kavita Krishnamurthy's singing. The song was praised for its humor and satire on the sister-brother-in-law relationship and Bollywood movies. The song was also appreciated for its originality and creativity in using Bollywood references and stereotypes.

The song also received some negative feedback from some people who found the song offensive or inappropriate. Some people felt that the song was disrespectful or insulting to the sister-brother-in-law relationship, which is considered sacred and respectful in Indian culture. Some people also felt that the song was vulgar or indecent in its language and imagery. Some people also felt that the song was promoting or encouraging infidelity or adultery.

The song influenced other songs or movies on similar topics by creating a trend or a genre of humorous and sarcastic songs or movies on sister-brother-in-law relationship or Bollywood movies. For example, some of the songs or movies that followed or were inspired by this song are: - "Jija Ji Jija Ji" (1998), a song from a movie called Chachi 420 (Aunt 420), which is about a man who disguises himself as a woman to see his daughter after his divorce. - "Jija Ji" (2005), a song from a movie called Garam Masala (Hot Spice), which is about two friends who lie to their girlfriends about their marital status. - "Jija Ji" (2007), a movie that is about a man who falls in love with his sister-in-law after his wife's death. - "Jija Ji" (2017), a web series that is about a man who has an affair with his sister-in-law while his wife is away.

Conclusion

In conclusion, "Didi Tera Kya Hoga Suna Hai Jija Ji Filmi Hai" is a funny song about sister-brother-in-law relationship that uses humor and satire to mock the brother-in-law who is influenced by Bollywood movies and acts in a dramatic or romantic way. The song has catchy lyrics, a funny music video, and a great singer who make it an enjoyable and memorable song. The song was very popular and well-received when it was released in 1997, but it also faced some criticism from some people who found it offensive or inappropriate. The song also influenced other songs or movies on similar topics by creating a trend or a genre of humorous and sarcastic songs or movies on sister-brother-in-law relationship or Bollywood movies.

In my opinion, this song is a classic example of comedy and parody in Bollywood music. I think this song is hilarious and clever in its use of Bollywood references and stereotypes. I think this song is not meant to be taken seriously or literally, but rather as a fun and light-hearted way of entertaining and engaging the audience. I think this song is not disrespectful or insulting to the sister-brother-in-law relationship, but rather a playful and exaggerated way of showing its dynamics and challenges.

I hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you have any questions or comments about this song or this article, please feel free to share them with me. Thank you for your time and attention.

FAQs

Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the song or the article: - Q: Who is the singer of the song "Didi Tera Kya Hoga Suna Hai Jija Ji Filmi Hai"? - A: The singer of the song is Kavita Krishnamurthy, a famous Indian playback singer who has sung many songs for Bollywood movies. - Q: What is the meaning of the word "filmi" in the song title? - A: Filmi is a term used to describe someone who is influenced by Bollywood movies and acts in a dramatic or romantic way. - Q: What are some of the Bollywood movies that are referenced or parodied in the song or the music video? - A: Some of the Bollywood movies that are referenced or parodied in the song or the music video are Dil Chahta Hai (2001), Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya (1998), Tere Naam (2003), Maine Pyaar Kiya (1989), etc. - Q: How popular and well-received was the song when it was released in 1997? - A: The song was very popular and well-received when it was released in 1997. The song was one of the hit songs from the album Chat Mangni Pat Shaadi, which sold more than 1 million copies in India. The song was also nominated for several awards, such as the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer, the Screen Award for Best Female Playback Singer, and the Zee Cine Award for Best Playback Singer - Female. - Q: How did the song influence other songs or movies on similar topics? - A: The song influenced other songs or movies on similar topics by creating a trend or a genre of humorous and sarcastic songs or movies on sister-brother-in-law relationship or Bollywood movies. For example, some of the songs or movies that followed or were inspired by this song are "Jija Ji Jija Ji" (1998), "Jija Ji" (2005), "Jija Ji" (2007), "Jija Ji" (2017), etc. b70169992d

關於

Think tank for dissolvable PP bag evolution.
bottom of page